Everything is temporary – this too shall pass

Coaching Service Barrow-in-Furness

When you are thinking of starting counselling it can be quite daunting.  I aspire to create a counselling service that is friendly and inviting – a place for you to unwind and relax with no pressure.   Here is a breakdown of some of the techniques to prepare you for what to expect:

A great benefit of counselling is being able to talk through your problems with an impartial person. Often our friends and family are too close to the situation to be able to offer new insights and we can end up talking in circles with them and making little progress. I can listen but, more importantly, I am a great questioner; it is through careful questioning that you can gain some perspective on the problems you are having and get to the core of the issue.

It is proven that we only ever use about 20% of our minds on a conscious level.  The other 80% is the unconscious mind that works away tirelessly, even while you are asleep – it is your unconscious mind that already knows what you need to move forward and feel better; I am here to shine a light into those dark corners and help you discover the answers that are hiding there. Consequently, you will be able to gain clarity and perspective on the things you are struggling with and I will guide you through the sessions to help you find the best solutions for you.


Sometimes when people come to me in crisis (suffering with insomnia, anxiety or panic attacks, can’t settle or concentrate, increased or decreased appetite) all they require in those first few sessions is a kind, listening ear; a safe place to unload and some simple but powerful techniques to help them feel some relief from their symptoms. Not everyone needs further sessions but if you have found a pattern of behaviours developing, we can then focus our attention on exploring the past for the roots to any ongoing problems you are experiencing.

If we only ever look at the presenting problem, we are in danger of missing the underlying reasons which provide a valuable clue to the cure.

If you can imagine the current problem as a branch, we could treat that problem by pruning it, but it will grow back, sometimes even stronger. That is why some people can seem to recover from anxiety or depression, but have it resurface several months or even years later for no apparent reason.

If we treat the root cause of the problem however, we can eradicate any future issues.

Person Centred

Safe Environment


DBS Registered

Quick Links

My services

I trained with Subconquest in the Ollie technique.

What to expect

I aspire to create a counselling service that is friendly and inviting


I offer a free, initial consultation for you to find out if I am the right fit for you.

Book a free consultation

Please click below to book an initial free consultation with me